Since getting my new waffle iron/griddle/Panini press, I have been dying to find fun ways to use it. The very first thing I made (RIGHT when I got it home from the store!) were these Easy~Peasy Cinnamon Roll Waffles, and they were sooooo yummy! I've made them several more times since. I usually only make them so can have a 'taste', and give the rest to my hubby, since I'm trying to stay away from sugar and carbs.
Anyway………..I've been jonesin' for some type a steak sandwich for a while, and thought last Saturday night might be the perfect time to try something.
New York Steak (thin cut), Arugula, Pepper Jack Cheese and Chipotle Mayo. I also used Sourdough Bread, but forgot to include that in the photo – doi!
I just seasoned the steak with salt and pepper before placing on the grill
While the steaks grilled, I smeared the bread with Chipotle Mayo and topped that with some Arugula. Have you ever tried the flavored Mayo? The Chipotle has a FABULOUS kick to it. Love it!
Then I placed the grilled steak on the Arugula and added sliced Jalapeno Jack cheese to the other slice of bread. Can you see my ½ sandwich there in the middle? LOL! I really wanted a WHOLE one. Oh well.
Then I put the sandwich back on the Panini grill for a little bit – look at the gooey cheese!
Do you Pin? If not, you should. Pinterest is a FABULOUS place! Simply FABULOUS! I've seen this (many variations!) recipe on Pinterest many times, from so many different people. So, this is nothing new, not rocket science, but it is truly something delicious and amazing
CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES!
The cast of characters:
Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, Syrup and a Waffle Iron, Panini Press or similar
Place two Cinnamon Rolls on the griddle, and close the Griddle
Yeah, it's that easy!
Don't they look scrumptious? You can drizzle on some cream cheese frosting, or just serve them with syrup. Either way, they taste soooo good!
So……..did you have a great Valentines Day? Romantic dinner? Movie night? Delivering Valentines to friends and family with the kids? Whatever you did, I hope it was great! We spent time at home together, and then Carl went to the gym for his racquetball league, and I went to Zumba! Then we met back up at home to spend more time together! It’s the first year with no kids at home……so weird! But, we had a great night regardless!
A few weeks ago (has it really been that long?) we were invited to a Super Bowl party with some friends. Now, if you know me at all (who’s even reading this blog? Is there anyone really out there?)….then you know I absolutely LOVE appetizers. Love them. Like, I can graze on apps all night long and give up an entrée and dessert for more apps! Love everything about them. I decided to take two different appetizers to the party. A “bad” (i.e. fattening) appetizer and a “good” (i.e. healthy) appetizer! Nice, huh?
I went to my VERY FAVORITE inspiration site to get some ideas…..what site is that, you ask? Why pinterest of course! Do you pinterest? If not, why not? It is the most awesome thing evah! I promise you! And if you don’t pinterest, and want an invite……please email me! I’ll send you one!
Okay, so I have rambled and rambled long enough. Here they are:
O.M.G. Seriously…..both of them were delish! The Caprese Skewers were so light and crisp! The basil added the perfect blend of flavors with the tomatoes and mozzarella….drizzles with the warm balsamic vinegar!! And the Sideline Smokies? Oh my. A little bit of pure pork heaven is what they are. Seriously……soooooo good, and soooooo bad for you. But they kinda cancel each other out, right? Yeah, I know…..they don’t. But, a girl can hope, right?
Here are pics of my appetizers…….not nearly as appetizing at the pics above, right? But, I promise….they taste just as YUMMY!
Go ahead and give them a try! You will LOVE them, I promise!
1. Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
2. In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Heat large skillet over medium-heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your baggie of filling and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.