A Survey of Sorts!
Something fun for the first Monday in March! I got this from Heather’s blog, and thought it would be fun. I’ve got so many things to post about, but I just haven’t had it in me. Too much going on, and way too much stress! LOL! Feel free to cut and paste to your own blog!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yep. As odd as this may sound, I was named after my Dad. His name is Michael Allison Sleater. He was named after a family friend (Dr. Allison)…so that is where the Allison came from. I love that I was named after my Dad! Makes my name even better!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Oh jeez. Lately, it seems like I have been crying a lot. I cried in the car, on the way home from work today. In between calls with my brother and my mom. I cried on the way to work too. Lot’s of Mom stuff going on. Just worrying about my kids for different reasons. Doubting my skills as a Mom. Wondering if I am doing them justice…or making things hard for them. Wondering if they know how much I love them, etc. You know….mom stuff. Anyone else ever get this way?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yeah, I guess so. It is one of those things I am “known” for. I can write many different ways….have many different signatures, don’t like to write the same way all the time. Whenever anyone needs a poster made, something written, etc…they ask me. I don’t mind….I like being creative with my handwriting.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Um, probably Honey Roasted Turkey. But, I’m not really a lunch meat, kind of gal. My favorite sandwich is a Veggie Sandwich, so I rarely eat lunch meat.
5. IF YOU WERE SOMEBODY ELSE, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yeah, I think so. I think I’m fairly fun to be around, and I am a loyal friend. I like to have fun, and I like to share experiences with others. I think I’m fairly likable….who knows though! LOL!
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Duh! I pretty much use sarcasm in every sentence that comes out of my mouth!
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep. I’ve always been pretty healthy, and haven’t had any trouble with my tonsils, whatsoever. I think I’ll keep ’em around!
8. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP? Yes. I’ve done something similar, where you are in a harness (I did it with Carl and my brother, Kevin), and hoisted high up in the air. Someone pulls the “rip cord” and you free fall….it was exhilarating! I am definitely an adrenaline junkie! The problem I would have with Bungee jumping, is that I wouldn’t be able to jump off myself. I would need someone to actually push me over the edge!
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I’m not a big cereal eater…in fact, I don’t think I have eaten a bowl of cereal (or drank milk!) in over 15 years! Seriously! I know that isn’t good, with the milk, but I cannot stand the taste, texture of milk! Ewwwwwww! Back to my favorite cereal…. Cap’n Crunch! I used to love it! But you can’t eat much of it…it rips up the roof of your mouth!
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? The ONLY time I untie my shoes before taking them off, is if I can’t get them off without untying them. Otherwise, I launch them into my closet in a big pile! In fact, I really need to paint my closet walls….I’ve got tons of scuff marks from launching them in there! I get a strange sense of satisfaction from it…..weird, huh?
11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yeah, I guess so. I think I am physically strong, even though I am out of shape. I am always surprised at what I can do, even though I don’t work out. It must be all those years of gymnastics and dance. I know I have a strong “core”…which is the center of everything. Mentally, I think I am strong, however, I know that I can be very weak at times. I’ve had some things happen in my life, that I have had to be very strong for…..but at the same time, I can cry at the drop of a hat, and doubt myself at at times. I dunno.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Not a big ice cream fan at all. I can take it, or leave it. If I had to choose…I guess I would say cookie dough, or chocolate chip/mint.
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? That is a hard one. I think I notice a smile and someone’s eyes first. But, I also notice if someone looks me in the eye, or shakes my had firmly, as well. I also notice fingernails. Weird, huh? I CANNOT stand long fingernails, or dirty fingernails (for guys). Big pet peeve!
14. RED OR PINK? I love them both! The sports teams my kids play on, have red in their uniforms, so I do wear red for that reason…although, I don’t think red is a good color for me, at all. I love to wear PINK! I love red and pink flowers…..love red and pink nail polish. I love them both!
15. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU STRUGGLE WITH ABOUT YOURSELF? Besides my weight, which is a huge struggle that I don’t even want to discuss…..I really struggle with the ability to say NO. I have a big tendency to over commit myself. I think people will only like me and/or appreciate me for what I do for others…does that make sense? It is a really hard balance.
16. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? No pants, or shoes right now! I am in bed with my laptop! I am in green jammie shorts and no shoes or socks! Comfy!
17. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken, Brown Rice, and Broccoli casserole, I made for dinner. Low fat, and pretty yummy!
18. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? Oh jeez, do I have to answer this? I have the live feeds for Big Brother 9. I’ve got my earphones on, listening to it right now. Crazy, huh? Can you say “guilty pleasure” LOL!
19. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I can never answer this question. I have no idea! What color do YOU think I would be? I’d love to know!
20. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SMELLS? Baby lotion, suntan oil, lemon, Tide, Christmas trees, Aqua Di Gio cologne, fresh cut grass
21. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mom. We usually talk every day, either on the way to work, or on the way home. Hi Mom!
22. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? My kids play football, basketball, baseball and softball….so right now, those are my favorite sports to watch. Because I watch my kids so often, I have a hard time watching any college (besides the U of U), or professional sports. When my kids are done…I’ll watch sports on TV again!
23. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR? Probably medium brown. I have been highlighting my hair for years, and I go back and forth between blonde highlights, to caramel hi
ghlights, to red highlights. It’s a work in progress! The beauty of being a girl!
24. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOR? Hazel. Depending on what I wear, they go deeper green, or have a tinge of blue.
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yep. Since I was about 12, I think. And I rarely, rarely take my contacts out. I wear them for months at a time. I know…it’s bad for you, but my eye doc has told me, that for some reason, my eyes can tolerate it. I’ve never really had an eye problem from prolonged contact wearing. It freaks my dr. out……
26. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD? That is tough. I’ve got some serious Favorite bad foods….onion rings, movie popcorn, swedish fish……but I love a good salad, and a good veggie sandwich….
27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Both! I love happy endings, but I love being scared too! But, I have found, the older I get….the harder it is to watch scary movies! What is up with that? It’s like once you become a parent, everything you do, relates back to your kids!
28. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer for sure. I love EVERYTHING about summer! I only like winter during the month of December! I love a white Christmas! I would love it to snow the day after Thanksgiving, continue to snow throughout the month of December…and then I want a balmy 80 degrees for New Years Day!
29. HUGS OR KISSES? BOTH of course!
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED Madi, Carl and I watched No Reservations on Sunday night, on pay preview. It was cute! I don’t see many movies in the theater these days….I think my kids see all the newest movies though!
31. FAVORITE DESSERT? I’m not a dessert eater at all. I can’t even think of anything….maybe swedish fish? Does that count?
32. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? I am almost finished with Big Bad Wolf, by James Patterson. It’s my third or fourth time reading it. Next up: A New Earth, Awakening Your Life’s Purpose, by Eckhart Tolle.
33. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing. I’m using a laptop.
34. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Do we really have to go there again? Okay, if you have to know…Big Brother 9. I can’t help it!
35. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The “ping” of a baseball bat, metal baseball cleats on the pavement, motorcycles, lawn mowers, babies babbling/laughing, the ocean.
36. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I like them both….but if I had to choose….The Rolling Stones. They are more my generation.
37. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii. Not that far!
38. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have NO IDEA! I’m creative, but that isn’t really special…..
Now go forth….and copy and paste this to your own blog….I’d love to know more about YOU!