Back from Sin City….AGAIN!
Back from Sin City ……AGAIN! We were off to Las Vegas again last week for a baseball tournament with Tyson’s high school baseball team. I have AWESOME parents that like to travel here and there to Madi and Tyson’s ball games, so they were up for the trip….and both my brother’s along with my niece Erin decided they would come along too (it was Spring Break for the kids)! So it turned into a bit of a family vacation! We had a great time! We left right after the team left on Wednesday morning, and picked up my parents on the way. We got into Vegas around 2:30pm, picked Tyson up from the team hotel and quickly ran over to the UNLV campus for a quick meeting with the football recruiting coach. He took Tyson on a tour of the facilities and then let him hang out down on the field during football practice. Pretty cool! He thought it was awesome! We checked into our hotel, got cleaned up and headed off to the baseball games. Unfortunately, for the first few days, the weather didn’t really cooperate! It was WINDY and CHILLY! The Bulldogs (Tyson!) won the game …score was tied, bases were loaded in the bottom of the 7th inning, with two outs. Tyson hit in the winning run! EXCITING! The Bulldogs ended up winning their next 3 games fairly easily and played in the Championship game on Saturday morning. They ran out of steam however, and ended up losing. Still a successful tournament for the Bulldogs! Tyson ended his trip in Vegas with another meeting over at UNLV, this time with the Baseball Recruiting Coach. It was a great meeting, and Tyson was pretty impressed with the whole college baseball scene!
Some high points of our Las Vegas Trip:
· Shopping at the Forum Shops with Carl, Madi, my brothers and my niece.
· Madi’s first Juicy Couture purchase ~ She was in HEAVEN!
· In and Out Burger
· The NASCAR Roller Coaster at the Aladin! Love that thing!
· The Fountains at the Bellagio, along with the Conservatory (all decked out with Spring flowers ~ GORGEOUS!)
· Dinner at Margaritaville and our HUGE Margarita (Bong?) server!
· Good Baseball games ~ Tyson’s home run, game winning hit, and throwing out 8 base stealers!
· Time with Family!
· The Pirate Show at Treasure Island ~ it was really just an adult lingerie show! I was so disappointed! PLUS some chick threw up all over my feet! And if you know me at all….you know I have a gag-reflex problem! It was DISGUSTING and I was trapped until the show was over!! UGH!
· Fremont Street ~ The new light show thing was boring!
· The weather ~ Chilly and Windy for the first few days! I didn’t come back with any kind of suntan! Plus all of the baseball games were at 8:00 in the morning.
I guess that about covers our Vegas trip in a nutshell!
Happy Tuesday! ÜÜ
Hmmm….Just realized there are no pictures of Tyson! He was rarely with us, since he was with his baseball team! I’ll have to load some pics from the games…